PERFORMANCE STARTER & ALTERNATOR, INC. LIMITED WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO MOTORCYCLE ELECTRIC REVERSE MOTOR.
Limited Warranty: This limited warranty is limited to defects in material and workmanship of the product as rebuilt by Performance Starter & Alternator, Inc. for a period of one year from the date of purchase. This is a limited warranty, no further warranty, expressed or implied is allowed. All implied warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are limited to only the duration of the warranty. In no event does liability include consequential or incidental damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages or how long a warranty lasts, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to the individual having benefit of this warranty. This warranty gives the individual certain and specific rights who may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The law of goods sold or furnished. If goods are defective we will not be responsible beyond the value of the original invoice from the point of sale of Performance Starter & Alternator, Inc. nor will we in any way be responsible for any damage or expenses occasioned by the defective goods. You must contact a representative for return authorization. No returns will be accepted without authorization. Warranty Coverage: Warranty service may only be obtained through Performance Starter & Alternator, Inc. at its facility in Canton, OH. Prior authorization must be obtained before you deliver your product for warranty service. It is the consumer’s responsibility to send the item to Performance Starter & Alternator, Inc. properly insured for its value. Performance Starter & Alternator, Inc. is not responsible for items that may be lost, stolen or damaged during transit for warranty service or original purchase. Replacement parts provided as covered warranty repair carry the remainder of the original warranty period and no longer. Performance Starter & Alternator, Inc. reserves the right to refund your money paid to Performance Starter & Alternator, Inc. instead of replacing or repairing a product not including shipping charges.Performance Starter & Alternator, Inc. makes no Warranty express or implied, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose with respect to the market and sale of the content. Under no circumstances shall Performance Starter & Alternator, Inc. be liable for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages (including lost profits) incurred in connection with services performed or products provided under this agreement. Performance Starter & Alternator, Inc. shall not be liable for damages caused or allegedly caused by failure of performance error, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission involving the content. This warranty does not cover parts that fail a result of improper installation, misuse, abuse or the failure of another part. Parts installed for off road vehicles, racing or competition use have no warranty.Parts modified for use, disassembled by the user, or installed for any use other than their original design and application have no warranty. A covered item must have normal usage during the warranty period as described in the Harley Davidson owners manual for electric back up assist motor. Any motor that was used more than 10 seconds continuously without a 1 minute cool down period would be considered abusively used and would not qualify for a warranty. Also, the motor cannot be warrantied if used on an incline such as ramps or hills. Motors that have been exposed to low voltage, or other defective parts on the bike such as battery, wires, switches or relays would not be covered under warranty. This warranty does not cover incidental, consequential, indirect or special damages. Labor, towing or car rental is not included and is your sole responsibility as the consumer.
EXPLANATION OF WARRANTY BENEFITS AND WARRANTY PROCEDURE FOR MOTORCYCLE ELECTRIC REVERSE MOTOR
This is not the actual warranty but is a synopsis of the Limited Warranty so we can describe to you the consumer how we normally intend to do business. WARRANTY COVERAGE 1 YEAR
- Have your battery charged and checked by a qualified motorcycle repair shop while you’re waiting for us to rebuild the motor. Have the motor installed by a qualified mechanic, after reading our installation instructions.
- Only use reverse in 7-second bursts. Wait 1 minute cool down period in between bursts. If this scenario occurs more than 3 consecutive times, wait 10 minutes before repeating the sequence. Never back up ramps or a steep hill. Try to back up without a passenger.
- If you have a problem, call us first 330-456-3019 M-F 8-5. We will discuss what type of problem you are having and determine if it is necessary to ship to us.
- If we determine that the motor needs to come back to us, you must ship it to
We strongly suggest UPS ground because they do not deliver on Saturday when we may not be open. Get a tracking number, and get insurance. We also recommend signature required. Be sure to include all contact info available in the box.
Performance Starter & Alternator
2031 Harrison Ave
Canton, OH 44706
- After we receive the motor, we will first test it, then dis-assemble it, and inspect it
for defective parts and make a determination of what the reason is for its failure.
- Then we will call you or contact you by whatever means necessary to explain to you
exactly what we think happened, and why.
- If it is our fault: (Defective parts or assembly) We will assume full responsibility for repairing the unit, replacing the unit with an entirely different rebuilt, or just refunding the money that was originally spent with us (not the cost of a new motor).
- If it is abuse, misuse, failure due to another defective part on the bike, or a bad installation as a cause of the malfunction, we will discuss with you a repair bill (if possible) at a greatly reduced price. And we will explain to you exactly what was the reason or cause for refusal of warranty.